MAC/IECA provides educational opportunities to better prepare members to address the multitude of environmental issues unique to the Mid-Atlantic region; to establish an informational network within the region in disciplines such as erosion and sediment control, stormwater management, wetland mitigation and stream stabilization; to tap the wealth of knowledge and the resources available in the Mid-Atlantic region and to share experiences and successes with others throughout the world through the IECA and the Mid-Atlantic Chapter of the IECA.
The Goals of the IECA are:
- To educate IECA members, the public & the erosion control industry.
- To disseminate information through conferences, seminars & communication media.
- To provide technical expertise for people, organizations & governments seeking assistance in the field of erosion & soil conservation.
- To establish standards for erosion control materials & installation procedures.
- To promote the expertise of erosion & sediment control specialists through professional certification.