Mid-Atlantic Chapter, International Erosion Control Association (MAC-IECA) Collegiate Scholarship Award
Several scholarships totaling $3,000.00 will be awarded by the MAC-IECA for the spring semester, 2023.
Purpose of Scholarship:
To assist undergraduate students within a designated field of study associated with Erosion and Sediment Control with tuition expenses.
- Applicant must be a declared major at an accredited 4-year college or university located in the Mid-Atlantic region: Virginia, Maryland, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware or the District of Columbia.
- Applicant must be a sophomore, junior, or senior (undergraduate only).
- Applicant must have been registered full-time for the Fall 2022 semester, and is registered for the Spring 2023 semester.
- Applicant must have a career direction related to the field of Stormwater Management or the Erosion and Sediment Control industry. (Other possible fields of study could include environmental science, earth studies or earth science, agricultural and civil engineering, soil science, agronomy, geology, hydrology, construction technology, forestry, agricultural science, marine science.)
- Applicant must have a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.75 (on a 4.0 scale) or higher.
The deadline for applications and accompanying paperwork is January 27, 2023. Selected scholarship winners will be announced on or about February 3, 2023 . Scholarships will be awarded to the selected students for the Spring 2023 semester.
Complete Application Packet Must Include the Following:
- A brief essay (two pages maximum, typed, single spaced, font size 12 point) on your career goals, specifically including which facet of the Erosion and Sediment Control or Stormwater Management industry in which you would like to practice following graduation from college, and why.
- Provide one electronic copy (Email or Flash Drive) along with one paper copy of essay. Email electronic copies to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Essay must contain name and contact information at the top of each page.
- A completed, legible scholarship application form.
- One letter of reference from a current or past professor.
Hard Copy Application packets should be submitted to:
Brittany Ayers, Education Committee
MAC-IECA SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
700 East Pratt Street, Suite 500
Baltimore, MD 21202
Email Application Packets should be emailed to:
Brittany Ayers at email@example.com