General Information Sheet
Mid-Atlantic Chapter, International Erosion Control Association
(MAC-IECA) Collegiate Scholarship
Several scholarships totaling $3,000.00 will be awarded by the MAC-IECA for the spring semester, 2014.
To assist undergraduate students within a designated field of study associated with Erosion and Sediment Control with tuition expenses.
- Applicant must be a declared major at an accredited 4-year college or university located in the Mid-Atlantic states of either Virginia, Maryland, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware or the District of Columbia.
- Applicant must be either a sophomore, junior, or senior (undergraduate only).
- Applicant must be registered full-time for the Fall 2013 and Spring 2014 semestesr.
- Applicant must have a career direction related to the field of Stormwater Management or the Erosion and Sediment Control industry. (Possible fields of study could include environmental science, earth studies, and earth science, agricultural and civil engineering, soil science, agronomy, geology, hydrology, construction technology, forestry, agricultural science, marine science.)
- Applicant must have a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.75 (on a 4.0 scale) or higher.
Applications and accompanying paperwork must post marked no later than December 23, 2013. Selected scholarship winners will be announced no later than January 6, 2014. Scholarships will be awarded to the selected students for the Spring 2014 semester.
Application Packet Must Include the Following
in order to be considered:
- Complete the Application - Click the link below to save the scholarship
Scholarship Application Form
letter of reference from a current or past professor. -
Click the link below to print a letter to send to your
professors explaining the scholarship.
MAC Scholarship Reference Letter
- A brief essay (two pages maximum, typed, single spaced, font size 12 point) on your career goals, specifically including which facet of the erosion and sediment control industry or field of stormwater management in which you would like to practice following graduation from college, and why.
Provide one electronic copy (CD or Flash Drive) along with one
paper copy of essay.
Essay must contain name and contact information at the top
of each page.
Application packets should be submitted to:
Scott Keefer, Education Committee
MAC-IECA SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
817 Bainbridge Street
Philadelphia, PA 19147