Holiday Inn – Columbia/East Jessup, Maryland
The International Erosion Control Association and the Mid-Atlantic Chapter of IECA are sponsoring a one-day workshop in Jessup, MD. Bringing together regional attendees with local and national presenters. The educational content will include area specific content on stormwater management and sediment & erosion control topics. An exhibit hall will be located onsite with regional representatives to showcase new and innovative products. Come and join us for a day of education and networking! This event is worth 7 PDH’s.
7:30-8:50 AM Registration/Breakfast in the Exhibitor Room
8:50-9:00 AM Welcome/Keynote Introduction
9:00-9:50 AM Running a Successful Stormwater Program – Presented by Mark Charles, Chief of Environmental Management, City of Rockville
10:00-10:50 AM Environmental Compliance: The Challenges of Erosion Control and Pollution Prevention BMPs on a Mega Project – Presented by Michael Cartwright, CPESC, Senior Environmental Specialist, Angler Environmental
11:00-11:20 AM Break with Exhibitors
11:20 AM-12:10 PM Hydroseeding Products, Installation and the Importance of Soil Chemistry – Presented by Steve Zwilling, Profile Products
12:15-1:15 PM Lunch/Exhibitors
1:20-2:10 PM A Worldwide Perspective on Municipal Stormwater Issues – Presented by Steve Trinkaus, PE Trinkaus Engineering, LLC
2:10-2:30 PM Break with Exhibitors
2:30-3:20 PM Compost Based BMP’s in Green Infrastructure Applications – Presented by Dr. Britt Faucette, Ph.D., LEED AP, Filtrexx International
3:30-4:20 PM ESC and SWM on the ($2.5B) Inter County Connector Project – Presented by Clayton Ballard, Environmental Manager, RK&K
4:20-4:30 PM Closing Remarks
Early Bird Pricing
$125 / Member
$150 / Non-member
(Until June 30th)
July 1st – July 14th
$150 / Member
$175 / Non-member
$500 / Member
• Company logo on all electronic marketing & registration materials
• One (1) complimentary registration
• Table top exhibit space
Questions, please call IECA at 303-640-7554 or visit www.ieca.org/roadshow.
23rd Annual Chapter Conference, Workshop & Trade Exposition
Sept. 20 – 22, 2016
Location: Double Tree by Hilton Hotel in Annapolis, MD
The Mid-Atlantic Chapter of the International Erosion Control Association will be holding it’s 23rd Annual Chapter Conference and Trade Exposition in Annapolis, MD from September 20th-22nd. The title of the trade show is “A Brave New World”. This conference will focus on the four IECA Education Tracks of erosion and sediment control, stormwater management, MS4’s and surface water restoration and how they relate to Climate Change and Total Maximum Daily Loads (TMDL’s).
CPESC, CPSWQ, CESSWI & CMS4S Review Courses and Exams will be available.
Professional Development Hours will be provided for all technical sessions.
Reserve the dates of September 20-22, 2016 on your calendar for the Mid-Atlantic’s 23rd Annual Conference, Workshop & Trade Exposition.
Golf Outing: This event will be held on Tuesday, September 20th at 10:30AM at the Eisenhower Golf Club. The course is named after U.S. President Dwight Eisenhower, is located in Crownsville, Maryland (Anne Arundel County) and is just a mile from Annapolis. The MAC golf tournament is always a great way to kick back, relax and network with others in the chapter. We are expecting a big turnout so make sure to register early. The price will be $70/person and that includes cart rental and a boxed lunch.
As registration is finalized, the MAC will update this web page. Please check back to www.macieca.org for the most current event info.
Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill
400 New Jersey Ave NW
Washington, D.C. 20001
What is the Contractors Environmental Conference?
The AGC of American and IECA are proud to offer region specific as well as national educational oppurtunities to the Mid-Atlantic at this two day conference. Join the Association of General Contractor’s of America and IECA (event sponsor) on October 5-6, in Washington, D.C. to explore ways to turn environmental responsibilities into successes for you and your firm. Whether your goal is an excellent compliance record or setting your company apart as a green contractor, AGC’s CEC is the conference for you. There will be two panel discussions/presentations set up by IECA that will focus on stormwater related issues.
Creating the Right Environment for You:
- Expert Educational Sessions
- Interaction with Federal Regulatory Agencies
- Contractor Case Studies
- Peer-to-Peer Discussions
- Insider Briefings with AGC Staff and Leaders
Addressing the Issues on Your To-Do List:
- Explore management strategies, tools and technologies to make your environmental program more effective.
- Track 1: Stay on top of the most current environmental compliance developments.
- Track 2: Find out how you can see greater return on investments in sustainability.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who works for or supports a construction company and has duties related to environmental compliance, permitting, green building or sustainability. CEC offers you the opportunity to learn from and network with experts in the field and share best practices with your peers. With separate tracks on compliance and sustainability, AGC’s CEC offers invaluable resources for anyone who works in the building, highway and transportation, federal and heavy, and utility infrastructure markets.
Registation (Special IECA Pricing is available! Enter Code IECA16CEC at checkout!)
Link to event: http://meetings.agc.org/cec/
Link to sponsorships: http://meetings.agc.org/cec/sponsors/
Environmental Connection Conference
Feb. 21 – 24, 2016
This is IECA’s premier educational event for the erosion, sediment control and stormwater industry. Environmental Connection combines intense, full and half day training courses with topic-focused technical sessions and the largest expo of its kind.
Over 4 days, Environmental Connection provides peer–reviewed education, products and technology which address four educational tracks:
- Erosion and Sediment Control
- Stormwater Management
- Wetland, Stream Bank, and Shoreline Restoration
- MS4 Management
6 Reasons Why YOU Should Attend Environmental Connection:
- Meet new people: There’s an expected attendance of over 1,500 of the industry’s brightest minds. Connecting with new faces will help you in your career.
- Get top-notch education: You can learn from over 130 presentations of the latest case studies and topic-focused technical sessions.
- Build business relationships: We have numerous networking and social opportunities so you can make connections with future clients or even connect with potential employers/employees.
- Stay credible: Earn Professional Development Hours (PDHs) by attending technical sessions.
- Stay ahead of the curve: Keep up-to-date in today’s newest technologies in erosion and sediment control products and services at our two-day expo.
- Support a cause: Attending conference helps to show your support for IECA, which is a non-profit organization that provides education, resource information and business opportunities for professionals in the erosion and sediment control industry.
Who Comes to Environmental Connection?
IECA’s annual conference draws thousands of professionals in the erosion and sediment control industry from around the world each year, including:
- Land Developers
- Home Builders
- Landscape Architects
- Government Agencies
Registration information will be added as it becomes available.